- As part of the Dalian Support Team in China, provide full engineering assistance to Dalian Huarui Heavy Industries (DHHI) in the supply of 8 balance machines and 1 car dumper for the original Roy Hill Project.
- Based out of China, ensure the machine deliverables were fully compliant to the Design Specification Documents, AS 4324.1 and other mandatory Australian Standards.
- Obtaining information and clarifications in a foreign country to ensure a transparent assessment of the design was achieved.
- Working and communicating with each division of DHHI across all aspects of machine design, fabrication, and trial erection in China.
- Ensuring quality of all deliverables was achieved to an acceptable standard.
- Developing a strong relationship with DHHI’s management team and the lead machine design engineers.
- Overall, the project was a success, with all machines being designed and delivered compliant to the relevant Australian Standards and Machine Specifications.