- Provide ongoing design support and an independent 3rd party audit throughout the design process of BHP’s new car dumper cell, designed by Aurecon.
- Utilising EDC measurement information from an existing Car Dumper cell in operation, define and verify the design load parameters.
- Analysing and quantifying design loads using measured data collected by EDC from current BHP car dumper assets.
- Account for significant uncertainties in loading due to the novelty of the new design, as well the car dumper’s structural complexity.
- Providing timely design review commentary on a rapidly iterating design.
- Produced a comprehensive set of design load assumptions for car dumper design using measured data collected by EDC.
- Provided valuable insight to improve the fatigue performance of critical structural regions using complex modelling and analyses methods.