- EDC was engaged to measure the vertical and lateral rail deflections for the purposes of track condition assessment and management.
- The measurements were taken during a typical day of Transperth train service at several locations on the Midland and Forrestfield-Airport lines in Bayswater.
- Design and develop a robust system that can be easily adapted for measurements at various locations on ballast track without compromising operation of train services
- Limited track access during each night shift to uninstall the system at one location and install at the next.
- Installation of test equipment was safely completed following all rigorous track safety regulations.
- Test data was accessed live offsite at the EDC office during the day and the time histories of the rail deflections at each location were supplied to the client.