- EDC was engaged by the Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources to develop a vibration monitoring system on Australia’s oldest bridge as a bridge asset management tool.
- The monitoring system was required to monitor the effect of vibration level derived from daily traffic on the integrity of the bridge structure.
- Develop a vibration monitoring system that did not compromise the existing structure.
- To identify representative measurement locations and establish adequate alarm system levels that was able to monitor the bridge structure deterioration under normal operating traffic conditions.
- Through advanced measurement techniques, EDC was able to develop a vibration monitoring system that adequately met the clients requirements.