Over the years, EDC has been involved in numerous different strain gauge projects. Some of the more interesting and complex jobs have been:
- Shaft torque strain monitoring on numerous mining/marine shafts and fans.
- Underwater strain measurement on the keel of a high-speed catamaran vessel and on the blades of an agitator.
- Simultaneous strain measurement of in excess of 80 channels of dynamic strain.
- Residual stress measurements on highly loaded structures.
- Installation and monitoring of high temperature weldable strain gauges on a kiln, blast furnace and continuous metal casting machine.
- Multi-channel strain gauge installation and measurement on many Ball/SAG mills through telemetry instrumentation.
- Similar multi-channel strain gauge installation and measurement on reclaimer bucketwheels and using radio telemetry instrumentation, record dynamic strains during normal digging operation.
- Duty cycle monitoring of strains or loads on mobile equipment using radio telemetry and datalogging instrumentation